Writing Better Use Cases
This workshop will help business analysts write more concise and clear use cases. Participants will leverage a use case diagram to show solution scope or groupings of important system functionalities. The diagrams will be used as a graphical framework to organize and give a high level view of what will be described in more detail. Participants will practice writing and critiquing use case descriptions.
Participants should bring current projects that have an IT solution identified and samples of existing use cases.
- Create the most appropriate use diagrams for the project
- Identify stakeholder actors and their goals
- Identify use case short descriptions
- Outline the primary use case path
- Identify key exception or alternate paths
- Identify any reusable use cases (includes) and postponed or future use cases (extends)
- Write and critique detailed use cases
- Length: 1 Day
- Prerequisites: We recommend participants have attended our Use Case Modeling and Solution Requirements class.
- Recommended Size: Up to 12 (3 to 4 internal projects recommended)
Interested in having this learning event presented to your group? Contact us to get your workshop scheduled.