Last week, I had the pleasure of chatting with my fellow practitioners at Technology Expresso about the agile mindset. In short, the agile mindset comes down to an emphasis on delivering value by satisfying your stakeholders’ needs in a collaborative fashion. It’s these behaviors that are really important in agile more so than the practices and techniques that have been around in one form or another for several years.
The idea of agile software development has been around for 13 years, and we’ve accomplished and moved beyond the ability to building things better, but we need to be sure we are building the right thing in the first place. This is the point that agile and analysis collide and is where things really get interesting.
Listen as I answer questions regarding more on the agile mindset, the evolution of agile, traditional perspectives “vs” agile, the role of a business analyst on an agile team, Agile “vs” Scrum, how you can start to introduce agile to your team and more answers from our listeners’ questions.
I always enjoy sharing my thoughts, especially on the topic of agile. So thank you Dave and Jacqueline for the opportunity! Now for the fun part…let me know if you agree or don’t agree with my answers. Thank you
- Looking Back and Looking Forward - January 6, 2016
- TA DA! Beyond Requirements Excerpt - September 21, 2015
- Implement Decision Filters for Organizational Alignment - June 22, 2015
- Using the Purpose Based Alignment Model - June 8, 2015
- Value Management is about Building the Right Thing - February 18, 2015
- 2015 Predictions for Business Analysis - January 8, 2015
- How did Kent do on his 2014 Predictions? - December 9, 2014
- Reflections from Kent: BBC 2014 - November 20, 2014
- Reflections from Kent: ACORD Implementation Forum - November 20, 2014
- Learning Delivers Value - November 7, 2014