Download PDFThe objective of the course is to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to manage projects using the Scrum approach and techniques. Scrum is a framework designed to dramatically speed up a project’s software delivery cycle without losing solution quality. According to Scrum.org, it is lightweight and simple to understand, but difficult to master.
This course not only teaches Scrum concepts but uses workshops, games, and hands-on exercises to reinforce each principle through application. Students stay engaged and enthusiastic while they learn the concepts and how to apply them to create effective development teams. Leave this course with an understanding of a new way of working that involves Scrum and its application on a day-to-day basis.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of Agile methodologies
- Compare the relationships, differences and similarities of Agile, Scrum and other methods
- Describe and explain the Scrum Framework and all its elements
- Understand the differences, pros and cons at agile project, program and portfolio levels
- Create a product backlog based on epics, features and user stories
- Understand and capture user needs with user story maps, customer journey and personas
- Apply prioritization techniques
- Apply estimation techniques
- Create an MVP based on business value
- Plan an approach to use appropriate Agile techniques within their team, department and/or organization
- Plan and manage software development projects using Scrum