I wanted to share a great presentation from the Project World and World Congress for Business Analysts conference in Anaheim this month. Russ Pena from Sun Trust presented their professional development framework. His organization has recognized the importance of the business analyst role and built a career path with 4 capability levels. Each level has a unique title and describes how much supervision would be needed at the level along with the typical type of work done by each BA. The levels are intermediate, advanced, lead and expert. The organization encourages employees to plan for and build their own career goals and gives them direction and support. The BAs are in the IT organization which has recognized the importance of consistency in job roles and expectations.
It was great to see an organization embracing our profession and investing in our future!
- Selecting a Vendor Package (COTS) - June 7, 2010
- When do you learn the business? - April 6, 2010
- Free podcast on Application Modernization - March 15, 2010
- IIBA and Business Rules Community 2010 Conference - January 11, 2010
- BAs NEED management support - December 4, 2009
- WIBADD is really Great!! - October 22, 2009
- Why status reports? - September 25, 2009
- BA Interns - July 20, 2009
- Who performs business analysis work in your organization? - June 26, 2009
- User Stories - April 14, 2009