When I first started attending concerts lighters were all the rage. The lights went down and on certain songs everyone would bust out their Bic lighter to illuminated the room to set a mood. Well, for a number of reasons lighters are not in everyone’s pocket at concerts these days. Do you think that stopped concert goers from creating that mood? No way. Cell phones are the new lighters. With stong backlights cell phones create the same atmosphere as lighters without the fire risk. Brain cancer maybe, but that’s all speculation.
This type of innovation is needed by analysts. In the end, our goal is the same. We need understand the true business opportunity and develop and implement the right solution. New methodologies, different project types, different stakeholders, etc. are a constant in our work. You need to adapt your approach to meet the changes you are faced with. If today you are using the “lighter” be prepared to bust out your “cell phone” on the next project.
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 27: Remote Agile Team Success - March 23, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 26: Are BAs Becoming Obsolete? - February 28, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 25: State of Agile - February 7, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 24: An Agile Mindset - January 27, 2017
- A Monthly Guide to Becoming a Better Business Analysis Professional - January 11, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 22: Business Analysis in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 21: Business Analysis in 2016 - December 8, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 20: Effectively Give and Receive Feedback - November 15, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 19: Live from #BBCCon - November 3, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 18: More Business Analysis Basics - October 4, 2016