All winter, I look out my window at a golden brown lawn. With the Bermuda grass still dormant, I look forward to spring when we can start mowing a nice thick green lawn. Well, I like the look of a nicely mowed thick green lawn. The mowing part I could do without! Lucky me – spring officially arrived a little over a week ago…and its first week in Atlanta turned out warm and sunny. With that, I realized the lawn just does not get green on its own. There are steps to take like, removing the thatch, aerating, applying weed killer, and water, lots of water.
Do you ever think of your professional development as a golden brown pasture just waiting to turn green? Ok, maybe I am the only strange one! Just like your lawn, your development needs attention. You won’t just grow professionally overnight. You need to think through what steps you will take to grow. It could be having more discussions with peers and mentors, attending webinars, reading books, attending classes,etc. With the coming of spring, begin to prepare for your growth and maybe you’ll earn some more green! Ok…that was cheesy!
All the best,
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 26: Are BAs Becoming Obsolete? - February 28, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 25: State of Agile - February 7, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 24: An Agile Mindset - January 27, 2017
- A Monthly Guide to Becoming a Better Business Analysis Professional - January 11, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 22: Business Analysis in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 21: Business Analysis in 2016 - December 8, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 20: Effectively Give and Receive Feedback - November 15, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 19: Live from #BBCCon - November 3, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 18: More Business Analysis Basics - October 4, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 17: Back to Business Analysis Basics - September 13, 2016