Finding and Analyzing Data
This workshop will help participants identify, document and analyze data needed on their projects. If you know the processes or use cases you can find the data. Participants will identify what data is needed, what should it look like, and where does it come from. They will practice aggregating and defining the structure and values of data that goes beyond the glossary. Participants will discuss mapping considerations for data conversion.
Participants should bring enough current project information to mine the data, such as processes, business rules, use cases, forms, or reports.
- Review project information to brainstorm data concepts and elements
- Determine if a data model is appropriate for your project
- Practice data definition and mapping
- Define detailed attribute information
- Length: 1 Day
- Prerequisites: We recommend participants have attended our Detailing Business Data Requirements class.
- Recommended Size: Up to 12 (3 to 4 internal projects recommended)
Interested in having this learning event presented to your group? Contact us to get your workshop scheduled.