Barbara Carkenord will be presenting at the Atlanta SPIN meeting on July 21.
Requirements should be developed upfront before the evaluation and selection of a software package. Analysis work also includes determination of the differences (gaps) between the package and the true business needs, decisions about what changes to make (customizations), and development of an implementation plan to smooth the transition for the business stakeholders. Most organizations buy application software to save time and money over internal software development. Thousands of software applications are available for sale giving organizations many choices. Choosing to buy a software application rather than develop it appears to reduce the need for business analysis and requirements but the reality is that analysis is a critical component of successful implementations.
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 26: Are BAs Becoming Obsolete? - February 28, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 25: State of Agile - February 7, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 24: An Agile Mindset - January 27, 2017
- A Monthly Guide to Becoming a Better Business Analysis Professional - January 11, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 22: Business Analysis in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 21: Business Analysis in 2016 - December 8, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 20: Effectively Give and Receive Feedback - November 15, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 19: Live from #BBCCon - November 3, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 18: More Business Analysis Basics - October 4, 2016
- #AskAnAnalyst Podcast Episode 17: Back to Business Analysis Basics - September 13, 2016