Applying the Business Value Management Life Cycle
In today’s development environment, teams are converting to agile in record numbers. However, not everyone is on the bandwagon. There are still a significant number of teams who are sticking with the tried and true traditional development approaches. No matter which side of the methodology fence they are on, teams are faced with a common problem: How can we be sure we are building the right things that have the highest business value at the micro and macro level?
This business value management conversation is one that transcends development approach. It’s the common denominator that determines if you are spending time and money on the right components of your solution.
This session describes a set of techniques for stakeholders and team members to make sure the right conversations are happening at the right time, regardless of your approach. It is important to get these conversations right; some will result in very difficult business decisions. During the session, we will simulate a series of value management conversations and determine the right questions that need to be asked and answered, and the resulting decisions that need to be made. We will also discuss how to establish a method to measure your progress as you demonstrate the value being delivered.
- Determine the right things to build and in what order
- Ensure the value conversation is happening at the right time
- Measure that the value delivered matches the conversations
- Length: 1 Hour
- Prerequisites: None
- Recommended Size: Any size audience
- Target Audience: Anyone working in an Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban or any other hybrid environment but struggling with defining and managing business value.
Interested in having this learning event presented to your group? Contact us to get your session scheduled.