This course takes you through the steps to ensure that business requirements are validated, that the solution is usable and meets the business needs. Validating requirements improves the likelihood of project success, making sure that we are building the right solution. The cost to correct a software defect may be as high as 2,900 times the cost to correct a requirement. Finding missing requirements and requirements inconsistencies decreases the overall length and cost of the project.
Business analysis and quality assurance professionals must use risk assessments to prioritize requirements and requirements validation activities. The highest risk areas of the business must be addressed first. This course teaches business and quality analysts to design efficient requirements validation tests to make the best use of limited resources and time.
Solution Assessment and Validation is one of the key knowledge areas in the IIBA BABOK® Guide V2.0. This course addresses the solution validation tasks in the knowledge area along with giving business analysts the ability to design efficient and effective tests to demonstrate that the application solutions meets their user’s needs.
This course answers many of the key questions about requirements validation including:
- How do we validate requirements?
- Which types of validation and verification processes are appropriate for my project?
- How does the team ensure that the solution meets the business stakeholder needs?
- Where does validation fit in the software development life cycle (SDLC)?
- What is software usability? Why is it important?
- How does the team correct problems when they are discovered?
- How do I work with technical members of the solution team? What do they need from a BA to be successful?
This course is designed for business analysts, quality analysts, project managers, or anyone interested in improving and validating the quality of their requirements.
We recommend that the Business Analyst has already attended our 4 core courses (or at a minimum Business Process Analysis and Use Case Modeling and Solution Requirements) before enrolling for this course.
Introduction to Requirements Validation
Validating and Testing Requirements
Working with IT Stakeholders
Documenting Requirements Validation Deliverables
Develop Your Action Plan / Course Summary