Talking and reacting in the moment is the core of what you do as a project manager and business analyst. Much of what happens on a project is unscripted. To propel to the senior level of your profession you need to continually improve your creative thinking skills and how you interact and communicate with your stakeholders. It just so happens that improvisation is the practice of acting, singing, talking and reacting in the moment and in response to the stimulus of one’s immediate environment.
This highly interactive and fun session focuses on key improvisation lessons that will help you be a more attentive and flexible business analyst and project manager. You will walk away with lessons to help you stay in the present, temporarily suspend judgment, keep conversations moving forward and listen generously.
In this course students will:
- Understand how improvisation can help them be better communicators
- Learn to think on your feet and keep a conversation moving forward
- Learn lessons that will help you be an advocate for your stakeholders
- Gain confidence and trust in yourself and others
- Participate in teamwork activities to be a true team player
- Practice presenting to the class to improve presentation skills
This course is beneficial to any person, in any size organization, hoping to improve their communication and collaboration skills. In addition to individuals, this workshop is ideal for teams.
Introduction/ Getting Ready
Thinking on Your Feet
Developing Your Action Plan/Course Summary