Stakeholder analysis is the activity of identifying those groups or individuals who may be affected by an initiative or who share a common business need and analyzing them to determine the impact for each stakeholder and an appropriate communication plan to ensure the project solution is delivered and accepted.
This class teaches students to consider all of the stakeholder characteristics before deciding on appropriate deliverables and producing an analysis work plan. Developing a stakeholder communication plan will prevent major problems by ensuring that all of the appropriate stakeholders are involved and the requirements will be analyzed and presented using the most effective communication approaches. During class students are presented the Stakeholder Analysis Worksheet and are given guidelines for their stakeholder analysis efforts.
This course supports and extends the techniques in the IIBA’s BABOK® Guide V2.0.
In this course students will learn to:
- Define the steps in Stakeholder Analysis
- Identify all stakeholders impacted by a project
- Assess concerns for each stakeholder
- Develop a communication plan for each stakeholder based on their needs and unique characteristics
Why this class?
Proper stakeholder analysis and communication is key to success. See why Kupe thinks that learning how to be a Communication Expert is invaluable.
- What is Stakeholder Analysis
- Why plan for stakeholder interactions?
Identification of Stakeholders
- Assess the project sponsor
- Identify both primary and secondary stakeholders:
- Searching for all stakeholders, not just the obvious ones
- Understanding each stakeholder's area of concern
- Documenting stakeholder's needs
- Consider the characteristics of each stakeholder group
Developing a Stakeholder Communication Plan
- Determine effective communication practices for each stakeholder group:
- Is this group providing requirements, using requirements, or supporting the project work?
- Which elicitation technique(s) will be most effective?
- What requirement presentation format will be most comfortable for this group?
- The Stakeholder Analysis Worksheet
- When and where will communications with each stakeholder be most effective?
- What are the best communication techniques for each stakeholder?