In order for business analysis to be successful in organizations, both the IT and business community must embrace the business analysis process. This seminar presents the business analysis role to managers and others who lead and work with business analyst professionals. The seminar can be used as a working session to discuss how your organization will implement the business analysis process and approaches for eliciting, analyzing and communicating requirements.
Both large and small organizations are realizing the benefits of using business analysis professionals on all of their application development projects. A business analysis professional acts as a liaison between business people who have a business problem and technology people who know how to create automated solutions. Improving the communication between your business areas and your IT team significantly increases the quality of the systems developed.
By understanding business analysis you will be able to maximize the impact your individual business analysis professionals and overall business analysis practice will have on your organization.
- The positive impact a strong business analysis practice can have on your organization.
- The key characteristics of a successful business analysis professional.
- Tips for managing and working with business analysis professionals.
- Current industry trends impacting business analysis.
- Group Exercise: Identify problems and opportunities that can be addressed by business analysis practices.
- Discuss positive impacts good business analysis practices have on organizations.
Business Analysis Role
- Learn the scope of the business analysis role.
- Understand how the role is used in the industry.
- Discuss the key characteristics of a successful business analysis professional.
Tips for Managing Business Analysis Professionals
- Support the requirements elicitation process.
- Understand the most productive BA work environments.
- Learn the importance of requirements reviews and collaboration.
Current Industry Trends
- Provide overview of the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®).
- Learn the Project Manager and Business Analysis partnership framework.
- Discuss considerations for the PM/BA combined role.
- Understand Agile development approaches and the impact on business analysis.
Develop Your Action Plan / Course Summary
- Develop an Action Plan with next steps to improve your BA practice.
- Student questions/discussion topics.